Monday, October 25, 2010

Article Search

Library Article Search

.">Timmermen, John. "Tim O'Brien and the Art of the True War Story: "Night March" and "Speaking of Courage"." Hofstra University 46.1 (2000): pp 100-114. Web. 25 Oct 2010. .

This article is of good choice due to the critism and truthfulness in this war and the stories about it. This article is describing the many different angles of war. This article captures all the different angles wars is thought. It also captures the many perspectives people have on war not only from the outside, but from the inside looking out. I feel this article is full of good information about Tim O’Brien and his fictional/true war stories. It also introduces some of his other work that also pertains to war and the many emotions expressed. This article has allowed me to learn more about O’brien and why he writes the way he does and I believe it will help me in making my paper more informational. I found this article using JSTOR literary article search.


Smith, Jack. "The things he carries." Kalmback Publishing Company. Boston 2010 123.7: pg 16 5pp. Print.

This is an article about an interview on Tim O’Brien’s life and why he writes his novels the way he does. He talks about how war is to him and the many different details that are involved. A lot of it is back talking about the Vietnam war and the events that took place around that time. I found my article on the Proquest search. I like this search engine because there articles updated on the search regularly and gives good information. I believe this article will help in my paper as well as give me a better understanding of who Tim O’Brien is and his thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment