Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Topic Proposal for The Handmaid's Tale



ENG 102
Topic Proposal
Jennifer McFarland

The Handmaid’s Tale
I really feel like I am going to lean towards Margaret Atwood’s feelings and perception of why she would write a story like this. Did maybe something go on in her life that inspired her to write the book? Did something or someone she knew help inspire her? These are just a couple of the questions I have had while I was reading the book. I would have to say my guiding question I am going to be asking myself is: What has inspired her, if anything, to write this book? I am going to take some time and read into her past and see if anything is there that shows. I want to look into the times of when this book took place and the events that were going on.
I am planning on looking into her biography and her back ground to see if any of the events in this book have anything to do with her. I would also like to look into the events, the historical back ground, when the events in this book occurred. This book is so detailed and emotional that this is why this book makes for such a great study.
I feel that if I research her back ground as well as the historical events that went on during this time will help me to better understand what is going on and why. I feel that this would help conclude and close any questions I have on the reading of this book. I had a good time reading it.

http://www.poemhunter.com/margaret-atwood/

Picture URL: http://schol.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/the-handmaids-tale-narrative-structure/

No comments:

Post a Comment